Saturday 20 December 2014

I'll See You When I Fall Asleep



Sleeping Beauty was among the original fairytale ideas for the Alternate Fairytales series thought up oh so many (five) years ago, and last weekend it was finally shot in all the glory I imagined.



Chelsea (my model and close friend) and I united the earliest time of day I can remember without having slept over the night before (neither of us are remotely morning people). She was very enthusiastic about the idea, and the more we prepared for it, the more the ideas came flooding forward.

Prince Charming, if you didn't catch on.
Aurora is one of the princesses who I never really understood the appeal of. When people think of the Disney version, they imagine her blonde head on a pillow, just sleeping. To me she has the least personality, but that also leaves more room for play when amping up the alternative side.


I bought some empty gelatin capsules and filled them with glitter. I was also donated a few wine bottles as my consumption rates have dropped from what they used to be. Chelsea brought along some flower garlands, and with a combination of all these, we experimented with Sleeping Beauty causing destruction to herself through drinking and drugs, ultimately ending up on the streets.









No comments:

Post a Comment