Tuesday 20 January 2015

Am I In This Photo? A visual guide to my height



Some of you may be unaware that my height comes in at a whopping 4"10. But most of you probably aren't, unless you've never seen me. (Yes that was a joke).


I'm fine with this – I really am, but after hunting through the depths of Facebook for a picture some time in the middle of uni, I came across several which highlight why people like to so frequently comment on my height.


Who let this child into the club?

A few weeks ago I went to buy a lighter. I got ID'd. The same person ID'd me the next week for wine, like they needed to prove I wasn't using a fake. Over Halloween a cashier in America tried to claim I'm not 21 despite having my ID in her hand. She tried to put it down to her feeling old, but I suspected something else.

I'd have made them look terrifying if I was on my own.

I get it, I'm short. But my face doesn't look like that of a child.



On the bright side, I can fit in small places easily. One day it will be an advantage, I'm sure. (Think Oliver Twist.)

This bag originally held a snow shovel.

And not to forget, that it does offer some great photo opportunities.


Because even though I can sometimes seem like a Who in a world of Horton's, I am a person too.

This was borderline unacceptable

Anyway, realising that sometimes short people's problems are underrepresented, I aim to remedy that.

Friends wearing heels when you're not is just an insult

I will be posting an insight into some of the simple issues faced by short people, which goes beyond short (yet hilariously accurate) list articles.

This guy is only a year older than me.
Enjoy the (lack of) view.

No comments:

Post a Comment